I don’t have the nerve to bungee jump, gamble, or take life-changing risks. So I never would have taken the plunge to let someone inject fillers into my face except that I personally know Wendy, the NSD injection expert. Wendy’s work standards and her knowledge of facial structure are superlative.She’s always been passionate about her medical work. So despite my nervousness, I felt safe. What surprised me during the process was the artistry involved. I paint portraits of people, and Wendy was studying my face with a similar artistic eye, analyzing my challenging face to determine how much to inject and where so she would make me look my personal best. Wendy explains everything thoroughly so you feel psychologically comfortable that you’re in competent and caring hands. The discomfort is minor, the results are MAJOR. I wanted a subtle change so I didn’t look tired/sad. My marionette lines and nasal folds are much softer now. I look refreshed yes, even a few years younger and as happy as I feel. MANY thanks and kudos to wonderful Wendy and the team at North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nichole V.
One of the most noticeable signs of aging is the loss of volume in the face. It leads to wrinkles, folds and flat contours, resulting in a saggy appearance. Historically, the only solution was a facelift or neck lift. A traditional facelift pulls the skin upward, but does not replace lost volume, which often results in a flat, tight look without natural-looking contours. Many patients also prefer to avoid an invasive surgery like a facelift, or neck lift, as it requires a general anesthetic and there is considerable downtime.
Bilateral Laugh Lines and Down – turned Mouth Lines
a plethora of non-invasive and minimally-invasive options for fighting wrinkles. Dermal fillers are a cornerstone of anti-aging treatment, as they replace lost volume, thereby restoring natural contours and a more natural, youthful look.
The benefits of dermal fillers
Youthful skin is naturally smooth and firm, and facial contours tend to be plump. Over time, the skin’s composition changes. The underlying fat layer starts to thin out and the collagen and elastin in the skin starts to diminish too, resulting in the skin becoming thinner and less elastic over time. This loss of volume of fat and thinning of the skin causes wrinkles, folds, and sagging.
Dermal fillers restore this lost volume, thereby smoothing away the overlying wrinkles and folds. They are especially useful for filling in the hollows below the eyes (tear troughs) and restoring fullness to the cheeks, temples and lips. Most products provide instant results, which may last up to several years, depending on the type of filler used.
Types of dermal fillers
We have carefully selected what we believe to be the best dermal filler products on the market. The brands that we currently use include:
- Juvéderm – Contains hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring substance in the skin
- Radiesse – Calcium microbeads stimulate new collagen production, making this one of the longest-lasting temporary fillers available
- Belotero – Formulated to integrate seamlessly with skin, Belotero provides an exceptionally smooth and natural result, particularly for fine lines
- ArteFill – A unique product containing non-resorbable microbeads, formulated for long-term restoration of facial volume
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a “liquid facelift” mean?
This term refers to the use of dermal fillers (liquid) to restore lost volume in the face in order to create a more youthful appearance, rather than achieving a similar result by way of a surgical facelift.
How long will the treatment take?
It depends on the area being treated and the amount of filler being injected, and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to around an hour, or longer.
Is it painful?
Typically, you will have very mild discomfort because most fillers are combined with a local anesthetic that is in the filler, so injections are fairly painless. Also, we do provide a topical anesthetic to make it even more comfortable for you.
How long is the recovery period after the procedure?
You will be able to return to normal activities immediately.
What are the side-effects?
Typically, you will have some mild swelling and redness in the areas treated for a day, or two, but this can easily be covered with make-up. Bruising happens occasionally, as you would expect from any injection, and this too can be covered with make-up, or treated with one of our lasers that make the bruise disappear in a few days, rather than over weeks.
Are dermal fillers used only on the face?
No. They can be used in other areas, such as the neck, or tops of the hands, where volume loss contributes to an aged appearance.
What is an hyaluronic acid (“HA”)?
It is a substance that occurs naturally in the skin. It is the mortar that holds the collagen of the skin together.
If you are interested in dermal fillers, please call 425-954-2437 to schedule an appointment at any of North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics’ five locations. Our offices are conveniently located in Smokey Point, Mill Creek, South Everett, Monroe, and Everett.
Explore Treatment Options
- Dermal Fillers Seattle – Leading dermal fillers are provided by a highly-respected dermatological team in the Seattle area
- Affordable Juvederm Everett – Patients in Everett ask if dermal fillers are affordable
- Dermal Cosmetic Treatment Everett – Men and women seek cosmetic treatment in Everett to restore natural beauty to the skin
- Skin Rejuvenation Mill Creek – Dermal fillers among most “multi-tasking” skin rejuvenation treatments available in Mill Creek area
- Radiesse Fillers Before And After Treatment Edmonds – Before and after dermal fillers: Edmonds residents experience an amazing transformation with Radiesse treatment
- Fillers Mill Creek – Create your perfect pout with dermal fillers from your Mill Creek dermatologist