I recently saw Dr Schmidt for 6 month check back for a MOHS procedure on my chin/jaw. His office staff was courteous and I saw the doctor at the appointed time. Dr Schmidt listened to me, examined me, and gave me the information I needed. He made himself open for any future needs. Perfect. – JOHN E. N.
Mohs Micrographic surgery is considered the gold standard treatment of many types of skin cancer. These include basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
It has the highest cure rate of any treatment for these types of skin cancer, and because the Mohs technique removes much less non-cancerous skin than traditional surgery does, it allows for a more cosmetically acceptable repair of the surgical defect.
At North Sound Dermatology, Dr. Schmidt is one of the only two fellowship-trained Mohs Micrographic Surgeons practicing in our county. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. He attended one of the most prestigious training programs in the nation, at the University of Colorado. He also has extensive training in facial reconstructive surgery, and has close working relationships with some of the most respected plastic surgeons in the Seattle area.
The American Academy of Dermatology considers Mohs Surgery to be a first line of treatment if the cancer is:
- Located in a cosmetically sensitive area, such as the face
- Of a more aggressive pathologic subtype, which is more likely to return than less aggressive subtypes
- In an area where recurrence is common, such as near the eyelids, lips, nose, or ears
- Larger than 1.5 cm on the trunk, arms or legs
- In an area where preserving as much normal skin as possible is a priority, such as the face, hands, feet, genitals and over the shins
- Not completely out after an excision
- Growing rapidly
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia in a safe, sterile, and comfortable environment.
Please click on the button below, The Mohs Surgery Procedure, for more information on how the surgery is performed.
Call North Sound Dermatology at 425-324-3494 to request more information, or to schedule an appointment.
- Cost of Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery Everett – Dermatological team in Everett explains Mohs Micrographic Surgery and the cost factors of this skin cancer treatment
- Mohs Surgery For Skin Cancer In Edmonds – Patients in Edmonds ask, “What is Mohs Surgery for skin cancer?”
- Surgery for Skin Cancer Mill Creek – Options for skin cancer surgery in Mill Creek
- Mohs surgery Mill Creek – Why am I facing Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Mill Creek?