All of my experience at North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics have been excellent. The staff is very caring and sensitive to your problems. The doctors are the best! They took care of my problem and are concerned with my continuing health. Kudos to all the doctors and staff! You are the best!~ Linda S. W.
Laser Hair Removal
Understanding IPL and laser
Permanent hair removal is defined as the permanent removal of at least 90% of the hairs being treated, and usually requires 5-7 treatments a few weeks apart. Multiple treatment sessions are needed because hair follicles are constantly cycling through different phases, including a resting phase and a growing phase. The hair follicle is only susceptible to IPL and laser light when it is in the growth phase. At any one time, some of your hair follicles will be in the resting phase, whilst others will be in the growth phase. So, in order to target all the hair follicles during their growth phase, one has to perform multiple treatments a few weeks apart.
If any hairs do reappear, they are generally much smaller in diameter and lighter in color. Once the full treatment plan is complete, touch-ups every now and then are usually sufficient to keep the skin silky smooth and hair-free. We also offer electrolysis for the permanent removal of any hairs that the IPL or laser did not get.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is IPL treatment safe for darker skin types?
With the Palomar Vectus laser and Palomar Icon IPL that we use here at North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics, we are able to safely treat all skin types. However, outdated laser and IPL systems are not safe for darker skin, so it is important to choose your provider carefully.
Will IPL hair removal work on light hairs?
The lighter and thinner the hair is, the less responsive it will be to treatment. More sessions may be needed to achieve optimal results. Extremely light hairs may be unresponsive to IPL or laser, but we can treat those with electrolysis, which is also a permanent solution.
Does the procedure hurt?
We use the Palomar Vectus laser for hair removal. The Vectus is known to be one of the least painful lasers available and is also the fastest hair removal laser on the market, so we can get the treatments done quicker than the vast majority of other devices out there. You may experience more of a stinging sensation with the IPL, similar to that of a rubber band snapping against the skin. Most patients tolerate the procedure very well, and do not describe it as painful. We can also offer you a topical anesthetic cream which will make the procedure very tolerable.
Can I postpone my follow-up laser or IPL appointment for a few weeks?
Laser and IPL sessions need to be performed as close to the originally agreed upon schedule as possible. Hair follicles cycle through growth and resting phases. Only the hairs in the growth phase are affected by laser or IPL treatment. Therefore, the series of appointments is designed to reach the maximum number of hairs in the appropriate phase. Delaying treatment may cause the targeted follicles to cycle past the responsive phase, decreasing the effectiveness of the laser or IPL.
Please call us at 425-954-2437 to arrange a consultation to learn more about your best hair removal options. We have five convenient locations, serving communities throughout the area. You can see us at one of our offices in Mill Creek, Monroe, South Everett, Everett, or Smokey Point.
- Laser Hair Removal Everett – Patients in Everett seek award-winning dermatological team for safe and effective laser hair removal treatment
- Unwanted Hair Treatments Marysville – Dermatological team near Marysville offers laser treatments to remove unwanted hair
- Permanent Hair Removal Edmonds – Men and women in Edmonds seek laser hair removal that can deliver permanent results
- Permanent Hair Removal For Men Mill Creek – Men in Mill Creek look for permanent hair removal treatment at a reasonable cost
- Edmonds Laser Hair Removal – Patients in Edmonds learn about innovative laser hair removal technology
- Cost And Reviews Of Laser Hair Removal Edmonds – Rave reviews and affordable cost: why laser hair removal is the treatment of choice for Edmonds residents
- Laser Hair Removal in Mill Creek – What to expect during the laser hair removal procedure in Mill Creek
- Laser Hair Removal Mill Creek WA – Is laser hair removal in Mill Creek right for you?
- Laser Hair Removal Mill Creek – Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis
- Laser Hair Removal Treatment Mill Creek – The benefits of laser hair removal in Mill Creek