My experience with the staff at North Sound has always been positive. I feel comfortable and confident that I will receive the best care possible. Thanks North Sound!! – WAYNE L. B.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal
At North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics, we use the Palomar Vectus laser, which is known to be the fastest and one of the least painful hair removal lasers on the market. We also use the Palomar Icon IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) hair removal system for patients with certain skin types. Palomar is an industry leader in this field, and our practice is a national training center for Palomar. Our Master Medical Aestheticians train plastic surgeons and dermatologists on these devices.
With these technologies, pigment contained in the hair follicle absorbs the light energy, causing a reaction that renders it incapable of future hair growth. Hair follicles constantly cycle through a growth phase and a resting phase, and they are only sensitive to laser light during the growth phase. At any one time, some of your hair follicles will be in a growth phase, whilst others will still be in a resting phase, which is why up to 7, or more, treatments spaced a few weeks apart may be necessary in order to target all of the hairs as they cycle through the growth phase. Any remaining hairs, not responsive to the laser treatments, can be removed by electrolysis (see below).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is laser hair removal safe for dark or tanned skin?
Yes, but only if you are using certain types of lasers or IPL, like the systems we use in our offices. However, tanning prior to treatment is not recommended.
When will I see results?
Either technique will require several sessions to achieve optimal results, as described above. You will notice a gradual reduction in the size and number of hairs after each treatment though.
What is the best treatment for razor bumps?
Pseudofolliculitis barbae, more commonly known as razor bumps, is caused by hairs curling back into the skin as they grow. Laser, IPL, or electrolysis will permanently remove the culprit hairs and thereby eliminate the need for shaving.
What areas of the body can hair removal be performed on?
The most popular treatment areas are the bikini area, legs, and underarms for women, and the beard area, chest, and back for men. However, these procedures are appropriate for virtually any area that has unwanted hair growth.
Please call North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics at 425-954-2437 to schedule a consultation at any of our offices, which are located in Mill Creek, Everett, Smokey Point, Monroe, and South Everett.
- Laser Hair Removal Everett – Patients in Everett seek award-winning dermatological team for safe and effective laser hair removal treatment
- Unwanted Hair Treatments Marysville – Dermatological team near Marysville offers laser treatments to remove unwanted hair
- Permanent Hair Removal Edmonds – Men and women in Edmonds seek laser hair removal that can deliver permanent results
- Permanent Hair Removal For Men Mill Creek – Men in Mill Creek look for permanent hair removal treatment at a reasonable cost
- Edmonds Laser Hair Removal – Patients in Edmonds learn about innovative laser hair removal technology
- Cost And Reviews Of Laser Hair Removal Edmonds – Rave reviews and affordable cost: why laser hair removal is the treatment of choice for Edmonds residents
- Laser Hair Removal in Mill Creek – What to expect during the laser hair removal procedure in Mill Creek
- Laser Hair Removal Mill Creek WA – Is laser hair removal in Mill Creek right for you?