Wendy Vick is absolutely the best! I have total confidence in her knowledge, skill and ability! She has the utmost care and concern for her patients. She has transformed my tired, old lady look into a happy, warm and engaging younger looking lady. I feel very good about my looks now. And as an international presenter, self-image means the world to me! – Lynn E.
Volume loss is one of the primary causes of wrinkles and folds, particularly on the lower portion of the face. At one time, the only solution was a surgical facelift, which removes the excess skin. Thankfully, today we have excellent options for patients who do not want surgery. Dermal fillers “lift” skin by replacing lost volume, thereby restoring youthful contours.
Bilateral Laugh Lines and Down – turned Mouth Lines
How dermal fillers work
Your skin changes composition as you age. In your youth, it tends to be well hydrated and resilient, with a strong collagen network. It is supported by an underlying fatty layer, which creates the plumpness of youthful facial contours. Over time, loss of fat and break down of collagen with resultant thinning of the skin, causes the skin to become more lax.
Dermal fillers literally replace the volume you have lost, and restore facial contours. They can also be used to sculpt and shape the face, correcting asymmetry, enhancing thin lips, and creating apple cheeks. Depending on the filler used, it may be temporary or semi-permanent, meaning results can last from a six months to several years. Semi-permanent and permanent fillers are able to stimulate new collagen production that persists even after the filler product has been broken down and absorbed by the body.
Types of dermal fillers
There are many different types and name brands of fillers on the market. We use a premier selection of the best FDA-approved products available, including:
- Juvéderm – From the makers of Botox, Juvéderm is hyaluronic acid based filler, a substance that occurs naturally in the skin. If collagen is considered to be the bricks of the skin, then hyaluronic acid is the mortar.
- Radiesse – One of the longest-lasting products available, Radiesse is able to stimulate new collagen formation.
- Belotero – This smooth, thin filler is ideal for superficial lines and wrinkles, esp. in delicate areas.
- Artefill – With a unique combination of collagen and micro beads, Artefill is considered a permanent filler, as it stimulates new collagen production for many years after injection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can dermal fillers reduce frown lines and the wrinkles around my eyes?
In many cases, a product such as Botox is a better choice in these areas. However, if volume loss is a problem, then a thin, smooth formula such as Belotero may be used.
What is a hyaluronic acid filler?
Often referred to as an “HA” filler, this is one of the most common types of fillers used. It is not permanent, although the “HA” fillers have been shown to stimulate new collagen formation. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring substance in the skin, so allergy testing is not necessary.
Can dermal fillers be used in areas besides the face?
Yes. Most products are FDA-approved for specific areas of the face, but they are commonly used “off label” in other facial areas, as well as the neck or hands.
What is a “liquid facelift”?
This term usually refers to the use of a combination of dermal fillers, along with either Botox or Xeomin. Fillers restore lost volume, and the Botox or Xeomin relaxes underlying muscles, for a natural, youthful appearance.
Is there any downtime after dermal fillers?
There is essentially no downtime, and minimal side-effects, if any. The most common side-effects are mild, temporary bruising and swelling. You can resume most normal activities immediately. In fact, some patients have dermal filler injections during their lunch hour, and return to work after the appointment.
You can schedule an appointment at any of North Sound Dermatology Aesthetics’ five offices by calling 425-954-2437. Our practices are conveniently located in Mill Creek, South Everett, Monroe, Smokey Point, and Everett. Please call to schedule your appointment.
- Dermal Fillers Seattle – Leading dermal fillers are provided by a highly-respected dermatological team in the Seattle area
- Affordable Juvederm Everett – Patients in Everett ask if dermal fillers are affordable
- Dermal Cosmetic Treatment Everett – Men and women seek cosmetic treatment in Everett to restore natural beauty to the skin
- Skin Rejuvenation Mill Creek – Dermal fillers among most “multi-tasking” skin rejuvenation treatments available in Mill Creek area
- Radiesse Fillers Before And After Treatment Edmonds – Before and after dermal fillers: Edmonds residents experience an amazing transformation with Radiesse treatment
- Fillers Mill Creek – Create your perfect pout with dermal fillers from your Mill Creek dermatologist
- Dermal Fillers Mill Creek – Are you a good candidate for dermal fillers in Mill Creek?